A purchase ledger is responsible for all the purchases that a company makes and all the subsequent treatments. Some of your duties will be:
1. To authorize or forward the purchase order for authorization to your superior
2. Post the journal for the purchase order
3. Record the delivery of the goods
4. Post the journal for the invoice received
5. Make the payment or authorize the payment
6. Post the journal for the payments made
7. Reconcile the year end accounts payable with the orders made, the purchase orders raised and the payments made.